Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Kudu...Revisited!



Recently, the wifey and I went downtown to check out the changes that have taken place at one of our favorite places to go for craft beer and/or coffee.  If you haven't been to Kudu Coffee and Craft Beer, then you need to get your @$$ there soon because you're missing out!  I wrote a post on Kudu awhile back, and you can check that out here...or just keep scrolling down.  Since I already did a write up, this is just an update on what has changed since the last time I was there.   Here it goes. They used to have 4 beers on tap, now they have expanded to 22.  That is one hell of an expansion!  Good Work! I like it!  Beers are top notch too!



If you look at the picture above, you can see they have a categorized beer menu.  I usually go for the Pale Ales & IPA's, but if you know me, you know I like anything and everything.  On this day, I went for the Green Flash West Coast IPA, as it had been awhile since I had it.  I would of loved to have pitched a tent and sat there all day and proceeded to try the Evil Twin Molotov Cocktail, Westbrook Cap'N Skoon's Wench, and the Stone/Farking/Wheaton Wootstout.  Maybe close it out with a little Holy City Washout Wheat and a Southern Tier Imperial Compass.  Since I have a wife and a one year old, that wasn't an option.  I will always have Brewvival (right hunny? I can go next year....right?)! So as you can see, the selection at Kudu is top notch!  The coffee is too...if you're into that sort of thing.   

In addition to adding a shit ton 18 more taps, Kudu also did some great renovations to their interior.  Whatever they did, the inside seems a lot bigger.  Perhaps they knocked a wall down or two.  They also  have added umbrellas to the outdoor tables, which came in handy during a sunny 85 degree morning. 



Love me some Kudu!  If you haven't been, be sure to go check it out.  You will love it.  I am certain! 

Cheers!


Keep reading for my previous post on Kudu from 3/13/2012


On Sunday, the wifey and I got to enjoy a beautiful day in downtown Charleston.  I figured why we were in the area, we should check out Kudu Coffee and Craft Beer.  The wifey was in the mood for a coffee and I was in the mood for a brewski, so Kudu would be the perfect place to satisfy both our desires.   If you haven't been there yet, Kudu is located at 4 Vanderhorst Street near Marion Square.




We were definitely not disappointed by Kudu.  The wifey loved her coffee drink, but more importantly, I loved the beer selection.  They have 4 beers on draft, and plan on expanding in the near future.   They also feature a pretty nice selection of bottles/cans.  On this particular day they had on draft: Victory Storm King Imperial Stout, Belgium Piraat Triple IPA, Mad River Extra Pale Ale, and New Belgium Lips of Faith Cocoa Mole.  The prices ranged from $4.50 to $6.50.   For bottle/can selection, they had: Avery Joe's Pilsner, Avery Ellie's Brown Ale, Avery IPA, Westbrook IPA, Westbrook White Thai, Bavik Pilsner, Oskar Blues Ten Fidy, Oskar Blues Yella Pils, Oskar Blues Old Chub, Oskar Blues Dale's Pale Ale, Ommegang Witte, Ommegang Belgian Pale Ale, Ommegang Abbey Ale, Ommegang Three Philosophers, Ballast Point Sculpin IPA, Green Flash Imperial IPA, and a few others.  Pretty sweet can and bottle selection there Kudu!  I'm a fan!  After careful deliberation, I ended up going with the Piraate Triple IPA on draft.  I had never had it before, and I left thinking it was one of the better beers  I've had in a long time.  It was the most expensive, but worth the price for sure.  I hope to find that at other local watering holes in the near future.




The best part about Kudu, well besides the craft beer, is the outdoor terrace/patio.  It was a perfect day and we enjoyed our beverages out on the terrace/patio. They have about 12 tables out there, and it's just  a great spot to sip on a coffee or sip on a few craft beers.  Oh and they also host cool events, like the Meet The Brewers Night that they will be having this Thursday (March 15th) with Holy City Brewing.



Kudu definitely comes highly recommended for all you craft beer lovers, especially if you have a wife who loves good coffee.  My wife actually loves craft beer, but since she is pregnant, she is no longer able to imbibe.  I am drinking for two now...as evidenced by my growing beer belly.

Cheers!


Other Reviews


Kudu on Urbanspoon

0 comments:

Post a Comment